The COVID-19 Plan
Thank you for choosing Collins Funeral Home, Inc to serve your family during your time of need. We take the safety and health of your family very seriously. We always strive to exceed the expectations of every family and will continue to do so during this challenging time. Please feel confident that we have taken extra precautions to ensure our facility is sanitized and safe to visit.
Please help us keep our facility safe and clean by observing the following recommendations:
1. If you are sick, please do not visit the funeral home. This includes nausea, vomiting, cough, fever, chills, sweats, fatigue or any other symptoms that indicate you are not well. The bereaved family will be happy to hear from you by phone, electronic or other condolences.
2. Please wash your hands frequently. Use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the funeral home. It is recommended that you bring your personal hand sanitizer, facial masks, and nitrile gloves, if needed.
3. The Governor of South Carolina advises to limit public gatherings to 50 guests or less to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Collins Funeral Home, Inc carefully considered this recommendation and adopted it into practice effective immediately for funeral services.
4. To accommodate the 50-guest limit, you will be asked to restrict your funeral service to immediate family and close friends.
5. If more than 50 people want to attend the funeral service, please note that a family representative will be appointed to manage the guest list. Additional guests can be invited to participate via live-streaming if it is authorized by the family.
6. The CDC advises to limit gatherings to 10 people or less. The initial viewing for your loved one should be limited to immediate family only. Public viewings will follow this recommendation. No more than ten people at a time will be allowed in the funeral home for viewing. We are asking our families to help us communicate this to close friends and acquaintances.
7. If anyone in your family is ill, please ask them to stay home during the funeral service. We understand this is a difficult request; however, it is imperative that we take every precaution to prevent the spread of illness and disease.
8. We strongly recommend that all persons continue to follow the guidelines of social distancing; refraining from shaking hands, hugging, and kissing.
9. Please note that these are recommendations adopted by Collins Funeral Home, Inc. Please remember that your attendance at any funeral service or public gathering is at YOUR OWN RISK.
The Collins Funeral Home, Inc Staff will go above and beyond to accommodate your requests and exceed your expectations. Still, we need your help. COVID-19 is sweeping the nation and is requiring our immediate attention and adjustments in the way we manage our services. Please be considerate of this and help us as we try to keep our families, staff and facility safe.
We have developed a plan to help serve you while attempting to remain safe during the current pandemic. We are sanitizing our facility daily cleaning with a regimen of bleach, alcohol and household disinfectants designed to kill germs and viruses. In addition, we offer the following service options, many of which we have offered for more than two years, but currently they have a value to offer our families a funeral experience during the current limitations.
- Home Arrangements- We will meet you at your residence, within a 40 mile radius, at no additional charge. We have a computer and printer that will allow us to complete most arrangements in your home with an internet connection or data signal.
- Virtual Arrangements- We will make your arrangements through a virtual meeting if needed.
- Video Streaming- We are offering video streaming at no additional charge. Our in house videographer service is also currently included to record and share services via our website. We still offer professional videographer for a charge.
- Grave-Side Services- We are currently offering a graveside service for families that will include a two tent set up.
- Church services are limited to fifty guest provided there is space to distance people five to six feet apart. Our chapel services are being limited to twenty five persons. Viewing is limited to ten people inside the building at the same time. We have hand sanitizer present at all services.
- We are no longer listing funeral dates and times on-line or in print. All funeral services are currently private. This is done so that family can select those immediate family members they would like to attend services in these difficult times. We will record the service to provide an opportunity for other guest to see the service.
- We are sanitizing the door nobs, light switches, door bell, bathrooms and frequently traveled places four to five times daily. This is being done to help keep you safe during the pandemic.